So, I’m one of those people who will only “like” a video on Youtube if I absolutely love it, a Pinner who will only Pin if I know I’d regret it if I could never find the piece again, and a Bloglover who will only “heart” or Save a post that I know future me will benefit from present me stashing it away in my BL inventory, safe and available for future reference. And, of course, if it’s just a flippin good piece of writing.
Seeing as I don’t take saving posts lightly, I thought I’d share 12 of my most treasured blog posts and what I reckon you might find handy too:
- Dear Graduates of 2014 – A Little Opulent – The first post I ever saved. Despite not graduating for another 2 years, this bullet point list of encouragement and advice was something I knew will come in handy when the time arrives, but for now it’s a great piece of information I can work towards and keep in the back of my mind.
- Networking for Introverts – Cupcakes and Cashmere – This is such an incredibly informative and in depth post for those who struggle in putting themselves “out there.” Although I’m not yet in the working world, the tips in here are still useful, and will no doubt be put into practice in the future. It’s great for those who may feel too shy to network and put your foot in the door of the job that shall be yours, and just those who love a good bit of life advice.
- The Best Red Lipsticks – Into The Gloss – Aagh I bloomin love this site! From their famous Top Shelf feature to fantastic extensive guides like this one. If you’re in need of a helping hand in deciding what your next red lippy should be, look no further.
- Your Foolproof Guide to Decoding Beauty Ingredient Labels – Byrdie – I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s a lil bamboozled by the endless ingredients lists on the back of our beauty and skincare products. This breaks down the most common culprits and what exactly they’re doing there.
- Crowdsurfing Guidance From Moms – Cupcakes and Cashmere Again, another post stored away for potential future reference. This takes genuine life lessons and tips from REAL LIFE MOMS in raising children. An interesting read.
- Building a Skincare Routine – That Grace Girl – I adore Grace’s blog and her writing is always so detailed and well written. This is a great guide for anyone new to skincare regimes or perhaps want to clarify their current one.
- Lost and Found – Style the Natives – I just love Charly. And I just love this post. If you haven’t come across Style the Natives before, you must (take a few days out to) read through the posts. I challenge you not to connect in some way to her writing. I’ll let this post do the talkin’.
- Six Awesome Online Resources for Better Blog Visuals – Jenny Purr – Jenny’s a great writer and really seems to know her stuff in pretty much everything.. This post lists all the top websites you can use to enhance your blog, with a few tips thrown in at the end.
- 5 Awesome Places to Learn to Code Online – ALO – Understanding basic coding is SO useful when it comes to blogging (as I’ve learnt..), so this post is great if you really want to get to grips with the gobbledegook you’re faced with when you hit that HTML button.
- So, You Want to Work in Media? – Sofie Says Something – With a decent amount of experience in interning and work in the media field, Sofie gives money-can’t-buy advice on everything you need to know; from the basics, a list of the top jobs sites and how to nail that interview.
- The Seeds and Stiches Sunday Supplement: February Edition – Seeds and Stiches – Hannah and Davina are two women I admire very much, in their raising of families and gorgeous eye for design and craft, so I needed to put something in of theirs! This post in particular gives great ideas about how to celebrate Valentines, even if you don’t have a valentine. The alternative “Galentines” is 13th Feb. Probs the coolest idea ever. IDST.
- A Beginners Guide to Ordering Wine – ITG – One day this will come in handy. However, for now, I’ll just stick with what’s on offer and has the word “strawberry” in the description. Yum.
Hopefully these come in useful and will be points of reference in the near future. Interestingly some of my favourite bloggers haven’t featured in the list, possibly because they have more creative posts or simply reviews on the latest neutral eyeshadow palettes..
Are you on BlogLovin? Let’s connect! What are some of your most loved posts that you find yourself coming back to, time and time again?
TTFN P x